Avoid the registration line-ups! There will be separate line-ups and a separate registration process for those that pre-register and pre-pay in advance of the Assembly.
Where does your registration fee go?
Chiefs from across the country generally come together twice a year to set strategic direction based on community needs and priorities. The Chiefs Assemblies provide the venue for First Nation leaders to direct the work of the Assembly of First Nations, the National Chief and National Executive through resolution. It is just one way First Nation leaders bring forward the concerns and priorities of First Nation members.
Registration fees help to offset the direct costs of organizing Chiefs Assemblies, including facility rentals, audio/visual equipment, interpretation services, webcasting, registration services, facilitators, translation, signage, Elder honorarium, and drum groups.
- Chief/Proxy (Proxy letter required): Complimentary
- First Nation Citizen: $450.00
- Grand Chief: $450.00
- Band Councillor: $450.00
- Observer and Non-Government Organization: $800.00
- Other Governments: $800.00
- Senior Citizen (age 65 and older): $50.00
- Students (valid student card required): $50.00
- Veterans: Complimentary
- Elders: Complimentary
- Accredited Media: Complimentary
PRE-REGISTRATION BONUS -
All Assembly delegates are asked to register in advance on or before Monday December 5, 2022. So get your registration in TODAY and avoid the line ups!!
Photo identification will be requested at registration for Chiefs and Proxies.
All participants and groups are encouraged to pre-register and pre-pay, even if your registration is complimentary. There will be separate line-ups at the event for those who pre-register and pre-pay in advance of the Assembly.
- Register ONLINE at afn.ca. You will receive a confirmation email once registered. VISA, MasterCard and American Express accepted.
- Complete the registration form included in this notice and FAX it to Tash Cote at 613-241-5808 or by email to [email protected].
Please note that registration fees are non-refundable after November 25, 2022. An administration fee of $50 will apply for all cancellations prior to November 25, 2022.
Onsite pre-registration will be held on Monday, December 5, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Westin Ottawa, Level 4 in Governor General Ballroom 1. For planning purposes and to avoid line-ups, all delegates are encouraged to pick up badges on December 5, 2022.