The Assembly of First Nations (AFN) is hosting a 5th National First Nations Housing Forum and Tradeshow (the forum). Join us virtually to share knowledge on closing the gap in housing while advancing First Nations self-determination.
About the forum:
- Creates a unique space to participate in dialogue from coast-to-coast-to-coast on the theme of “Self-Determined Housing: Transitioning to First Nations Control.”
- Includes virtual presentations, workshops, and a tradeshow to share information relevant to the implementation of the National First Nations Housing and Related Infrastructure Strategy.
The AFN last held a National Housing and Infrastructure Forum and Trade Show in person during March 2020.
Who should attend?
- Chiefs or their representative(s), First Nations housing and public works managers, Indigenous housing services
- Providers and individuals who are working in the field of First Nations housing management and administration
- First Nations organizations or technicians interested in improving how housing is managed and delivered
- Consultants, industry, and other non-government entities involved in First Nations housing
The forum’s theme is Self-Determined Housing: Transitioning to First Nations Control.
Topics will include:
- Skills and capacity in First Nations housing
- Housing innovation
- First Nations homelessness
- Health and housing in First Nations