Chiefs from across the country generally come together twice a year to set strategic direction based on First Nations needs and priorities. The Chiefs Assemblies provide the venue for First Nations leaders to direct the work of the Assembly of First Nations, the National Chief and Executive Committee through resolution. It is just one way First Nations leaders bring forward the concerns and priorities of First Nations members.
Registration fees help to offset the direct costs of organizing Chiefs Assemblies, including facility rentals, audio/visual equipment, interpretation services, webcasting, registration services, facilitators, meeting kits, translation, signage, catering, and drum groups.
All participants and groups are encouraged to pre-register and pre-pay. There will be separate line-ups to pick up your badge and USB for those who pre-register and pre-pay in advance of the Assembly.
- Register and pay ONLINE at afn.ca. You will receive a confirmation email. Major credit cards accepted (VISA, MasterCard and American Express).
- FAXyour registration form to Angie Turner at 613-241-5808.
- MAIL your registration form and payment to Angie Turner, Assembly of First Nations, 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1600, Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5.
Registration forms and payment must be received by November 30, 2018, to ensure processing prior to the Assembly. After this date, please register on site with your payment.
Please note that registration fees are non-refundable after November 30, 2018. An administration fee of $50 will apply for all cancellations.
Onsite pre-registration will be held on Monday, December 3, 2018, from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Westin Ottawa Hotel. For planning purposes and to avoid line-ups, all delegates are encouraged to pick up their badges and USBs on December 3, 2018.
There will be separate line-ups and a separate registration process for those that pre-register and pre-pay in advance of the Assembly. Watch for more information on draws and incentives to be announced for pre-registered and pre-paid delegates!
- Chief/Proxy (Proxy letter required): $350.00
- First Nation Citizen: $350.00
- Observer and Non-Government Organization: $600.00
- Other Governments: $600.00
- Senior Citizen (age 65 and older): $50.00
- Students (valid student card required): $50.00
- Veterans: Complimentary
- Elders: Complimentary
- Accredited Media: Complimentary