Pre-register, pre-pay and pick up your badge on Monday, July 24, 2017 to be automatically entered into an AFN draw. Watch for information on additional draws and incentives for pre-registered and pre-paid delegates!
Chiefs from across the country generally come together twice a year to set strategic direction based on community needs and priorities. The Chiefs Assemblies provide the venue for First Nation leaders to direct the work of the Assembly of First Nations, the National Chief and national executive through resolution. It is just one way First Nation leaders bring forward the concerns and priorities of First Nation members. Registration fees help to offset the direct costs of organizing Chiefs Assemblies, including facility rentals, audio/visual equipment, interpretation services, webcasting, registration services, facilitators, meeting kits, translation, signage, catering, and drum groups.
Group Registration Form
All participants and groups are encouraged to pre-register and pre-pay. There will be separate line-ups at the event for those who pre-register and pre-pay in advance of the Assembly.
- Register ONLINE at www.afn.ca. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Complete the registration form included in this notice and FAX it to Angie Turner at 613-241-5808.
- Complete the registration form and MAIL it to Angie Turner, Assembly of First Nations, 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1600, Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5.
Registration forms and payment must be received by July 18, 2017 to ensure processing prior to the Assembly. After this date, please register on site with your payment.
Please note that registration fees are non-refundable after July 18, 2017. An administration fee of $50.00 will apply for all cancellations.
For planning purposes and to avoid line-ups, all delegates are encouraged to pick up badges and USBs on July 24, 2017.
Onsite pre-registration will be held on Monday, July 24, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, 1919 Saskatchewan Drive.
Onsite registration will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the venue for the Annual General Assembly – Evraz Place, 1700 Elphinstone Street.
- Chief/ Proxy (proxy letter required): $350.00
- First Nation Citizen: $350.00
- Observer and Non-Government Organization: $600.00
- Other Governments: $600.00
- Senior Citizen (age 65 and older): $50.00*
- Students (valid student card required): $25.00*
- Veterans: Complimentary
- Elders: Complimentary
- Accredited Media: Complimentary
Registration fees for the Senior Citizens and Students will be allocated to support activities of the AFN Tri-Council (AFN Elders’ Council, AFN Women’s Council and the AFN Youth Council).
Please contact Angie Turner at 613-241-6789, ext. 296 with any questions regarding registration.